- Chelsea goalie determined to leave Stamford Bridge this summer.
- The Belgian has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid.
Thibaut Courtois has hinted that he is preparing for life away from Chelsea. The Belgium international shot-stopper has been highly speculated to leave Chelsea this summer and recent comments from the Chelsea man appear to confirm that this could be.
Courtois has been linked with a move to Real Madrid although reports suggest that the Spanish football giants prefer Roma’s Alisson Becker as the replacement for Keylor Navas.
“I have a certain preferred destination,”
the 26-year-old who is representing Belgium at Russia 2018, and will be between the sticks when Belgium face Japan in the round of 16 said recently.
“I have some ideas in my mind, but I’m focusing on the World Cup and have pushed all decisions ahead until after the tournament.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Zinedine Zidane Set To Offload Ex-Chelsea Goalkeeper
- Real Madrid Loanee Wants Chelsea Stay Despite Zidane Return
- Morata reveals Hazard’s Madrid secret
- Chelsea fans fume as Courtois trolls Chelsea again
- Chelsea sign Kepa to replace Courtois
- Chelsea set sights on Jan Oblak
- Sarri won’t block Courtois’ move to Madrid
- Agent begs Chelsea to let Courtois join Madrid
- Sarri confident that Hazard and Courtois will stay
- Chelsea target Cech and Schmeichel to replace Courtois
Courtois’ current contract with Chelsea expires in 2019, and an agreement hasn’t been reached between the two parties thus far. Meanwhile, there are indications that his final decision will be based on personal motivations than financial.
Courtois resided in Madrid between 2011 and 2014 when he was on loan at Atletico Madrid. His children also live in the same city as their mother. It can be recalled that the goalie revealed that his heart was still in the city earlier this year, and he reiterated it again.
“My kids are the most important for me. I haven’t seen them a lot in the last 18 months. Facetime is nice, but seeing them grow up is something different. My kids will play an important role in my decision.”
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Courtois’s agent has begged Chelsea Fc to allow the Belgian move to Madrid, as Chelsea’s management are not willing to negotiate with the Madrid outfit.
Who would you suggest to take his gloves at Chelsea?
Kindly leave your suggestions below.