- Chelsea’s goalie; Thibaut Courtois heart broken by Chelsea fans.
- The Blues angered by his move to Real Madrid.
- The Belgians’ motivation was to be closer to his family.
Courtois was at Chelsea for seven seasons although the first three were spent on loan at Atletico Madrid before joining Madrid in a £35m deal in the summer.
According to Courtois, he made the decision to leave Stamford Bridge in March and explained it was part of the reasons why he delayed his return to Chelsea after the World Cup.
When asked about the reactions of some Chelsea fans after his exit from Stamford Bridge, he said:
“It makes me feel sad and obviously they don’t know all the truth.”
“I think in March the decision was already made and I thought the club would accept it.”
“If I did go there maybe, I didn’t want to be toxic, so obviously it is a pity because I love Chelsea.”
“I loved playing there and I am happy to have won two Premier Leagues, a league cup and an FA Cup. Hopefully it will turn around.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
Although he claimed that the level at Madrid was higher than at Chelsea, he stated that he meant no disrespect to the club.
“Obviously you get some things in the media like I said there was not enough quality at Chelsea,”
“I never meant that. I just said maybe in training it goes a little bit faster but that is also the quality of Real Madrid – that is not saying Chelsea does not have quality.”
He added that the big factor that motivated his move to the Bernabeu was the opportunity to be closer to his two children who live in Madrid, and hopes Chelsea fans understand this.
“I will always look back with a happy feeling to Chelsea,”
“I had a chance to go back to Spain to be closer to my kids. That was an important thing for me.
“I know that a lot of Chelsea fans will understand my decision. I wish them the best and I am happy to see that they have won their first four games and I hope they can go on and win the league.”
Also don’t miss our story on the latest at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea appoints Zola as assistant manager.
Chelsea’s legend Gianfranco Zola has been named as the assistant manager to Maurizio Sarri at the club. He returns to Stamford Bridge 15 years after he made his last appearance for the club in a 312 game career.
Does Courtois deserve this treatment from the Blues?
Kindly post your comment in the box below.