Reports suggest that Real Madrid are very close to securing a deal for Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, as Marca have suggested that a deal that sees the shot-stopper move to the Bernabeu could be completed this week.
Courtois who won the golden glove at the Russia 2018 World Cup is out of contract at Chelsea next summer and is available for €35m.
The player has been linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu for a while now as the club intends to boost the goalkeeping department which currently has Keylor Navas as number one.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Sarri won’t block Courtois’ move to Madrid
- Agent begs Chelsea to let Courtois join Madrid
- Courtois very close to Real Madrid move
- Courtois expecting a bigger contract renewal offer
- Chelsea eye deal for Kasper Schmeichel
- Courtois gives big hint on Chelsea exit
- Chelsea will listen to offers for Courtois
Courtois’ two children live in Madrid due to his spell with Atletico Madrid between 2011 and 2014. and personal reasons could also play a part in a move to Madrid.
“After the World Cup, in around eight or nine days, I’ll decide what’s best for me, I’ll talk later,” Courtois disclosed in a chat with Onda Cero before Belgium’s semi-final game with France.
Marca have now indicated that the goalie’s move to Real Madrid could be concluded this week.