- Napoli star Samuele Dalla Bona in doubt of Maurizio Sarri’s qualifications.
- The Ex Chelsea player not overly impressed with his performance at Napoli.
Former Chelsea and Napoli star Samuele Dalla Bona have questioned Maurizio Sarri’s credentials ahead of his widely speculated move to Stamford Bridge. Reports suggest that Conte is set to depart, with Sarri in talks with the Chelsea hierarchy to take over at Stamford Bridge.
Dalla Bona played 73 games for Chelsea and also helped Napoli secure qualification to the Serie A after being forced to climb the divisions due to bankruptcy in 2004.
He was impressed with Sarri’s style of football at Napoli, but they were unable to wrestle the title away from Juventus.
“[Sarri] played great football all of the time,” Dalla Bona told Goal. “[Napoli] had a good system but Juventus were able to play a worse style but still win every year.
“I think Sarri needs to make that last step to be a champion and a top coach. He is a great coach but he is not a world class-coach because he hasn’t won anything – that means he isn’t at the top.
“I like to see a good style of football but in the end, if you don’t win but play good football, it doesn’t mean a lot. Juventus don’t play good but win all the time. I knew when Conte was going to Chelsea. I was sure that Conte is a winner and, in fact, he has won two titles and proved it already: the league and FA Cup.”
“If Sarri goes to Chelsea, he hasn’t won anything despite being a good manager. He needs to start winning something,”
Dalla Bona said.
“I don’t know if he will do it in Chelsea. It is a difficult club to go to right now, even under Roman Abramovich. I think it is difficult for Italians to adapt because you don’t speak the language perfectly.”
“For Sarri, at around 60 years old going to London, a change of environment, he speaks a little bit of English but I don’t know if it will be an easy move for him.”
“I am not sure about him, I know he is a good manager but I don’t know if he is a good fit for Chelsea. Probably they will ask him to not smoke at Stamford Bridge or Cobham too!”
“I had the good fortune of adapting well from Italy to London. I preferred London and English football actually, so it can be done. However, I am not as sure about Sarri at Chelsea. I was more sure about Conte coming to Chelsea because every year he wins something. He had shown the whole world he is a winner already, Sarri hasn’t.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
Click to read more on Maurizio Sarri…
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Napoli wants Luiz as part of potential Sarri deal to Chelsea.
Napoli is willing to let Sarri join Chelsea for free but want David Luiz to be included as part of the deal. The Serie A giants have already reached an agreement for Carlo Ancelotti to become their new manager but are yet to let go of Maurizio Sarri.