According to reports, Ligue 1 outfit AS Monaco are ready to offer David Luiz a way out of his supposed nightmare season at Chelsea this summer. The Brazil international has started just 9 Premier League games this season and will likely exit Stamford Bridge if Conte remains club manager.
The Sun believe that the former Ligue 1 champions will be happy to offer him a place in the team if he favors a return to France where he played previously with PSG before his return to Chelsea.
It can be recalled that Monaco added former Chelsea technical director, Michael Emenalo to their ranks early this season and this could pave the way for the smooth acquisition of the player if he favors a move as both sides appear to have good relations.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
Meanwhile, it all depends on Conte’s whereabouts at the end of the season. There are speculations that the Italian manager could return to manager the Italy national team after fellow Italian Carlo Ancelotti turning down an offer to manage the Azurri. He has also been linked with the PSG job as Unai Emnery recently revealed he won’r be in charge at the Parc Des Princes next season.
Luiz’ status at Chelsea could well be determined by who will be in charge at Chelsea next season. If a new manager joins, it remains to be seen if Luiz will be reinstated into the team, or allowed to leave.