- David Luiz reportedly set to append his signature for Chelsea in a new contract
- David Luiz has shown some lapses in defense this season, however, Sarri appears to be content with the Brazilian’s style of play
Reports from the Sun suggest that David Luiz could be set to sign a new deal with Chelsea.
The Brazilian defender has played every minute for Chelsea in their 5 Premier League fixtures thus far under Maurizio Sarri.
The Blues have conceded 4 goals in 5 of the Premier League games they’ve played this season.
David Luiz has shown some lapses in defense this season with the latest, being the foul that resulted in the free-kick which led to Cardiff’s opening goal at Stamford Bridge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
However, Sarri appears to be content with the Brazilian’s style of play as he also seems to be forming a solid partnership with Antonio Rudiger at the heart of the defence.
The result is that the club are now looking to abandon their strict policy on contract extensions for players above 30.
Reports suggest that Chelsea have offered David Luiz a two-year deal that could see him earn a weekly wage of £125,000.
Sarri spoke fondly of the defender. The Italian tactician said:
“David has a big future here – he will be very useful for us. I don’t know what happened in the past but now he has a good chance.”
Luiz also revealed his admiration for the pioneer of Sarrismo:
“First of all he’s a great person, great as a human. I believe in this philosophy, and then after that he is a great coach.”
“He wants to play with the ball, he wants to play with intensity, to work on the details and to give us all the information he can about the next game and the opponent. Every week he tries to make the best plan possible for the exact game and this is great because he is working in the best way for the team, for the collective,”
Chelsea will now turn their attention to the Europa League as they travel to face Greek side PAOK on Thursday. After that, is a London derby away to West Ham.
Savechelsea.net recently reported that Olivier Giuroud will be starring in the French version of Spider-man’s new animation blockbuster, he will play the role of voicing the Green Goblin.