- David Luiz reportedly set to append his signature for Chelsea in a new contract
- David Luiz has shown some lapses in defense this season, however, Sarri appears to be content with the Brazilian’s style of play
Reports from the Sun suggest that David Luiz could be set to sign a new deal with Chelsea.
The Brazilian defender has played every minute for Chelsea in their 5 Premier League fixtures thus far under Maurizio Sarri.
The Blues have conceded 4 goals in 5 of the Premier League games they’ve played this season.
David Luiz has shown some lapses in defense this season with the latest, being the foul that resulted in the free-kick which led to Cardiff’s opening goal at Stamford Bridge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
However, Sarri appears to be content with the Brazilian’s style of play as he also seems to be forming a solid partnership with Antonio Rudiger at the heart of the defence.
The result is that the club are now looking to abandon their strict policy on contract extensions for players above 30.
Reports suggest that Chelsea have offered David Luiz a two-year deal that could see him earn a weekly wage of £125,000.
Sarri spoke fondly of the defender. The Italian tactician said:
“David has a big future here – he will be very useful for us. I don’t know what happened in the past but now he has a good chance.”
Luiz also revealed his admiration for the pioneer of Sarrismo:
“First of all he’s a great person, great as a human. I believe in this philosophy, and then after that he is a great coach.”
“He wants to play with the ball, he wants to play with intensity, to work on the details and to give us all the information he can about the next game and the opponent. Every week he tries to make the best plan possible for the exact game and this is great because he is working in the best way for the team, for the collective,”
Chelsea will now turn their attention to the Europa League as they travel to face Greek side PAOK on Thursday. After that, is a London derby away to West Ham.
Savechelsea.net recently reported that Olivier Giuroud will be starring in the French version of Spider-man’s new animation blockbuster, he will play the role of voicing the Green Goblin.