- New Contract is not certain for Chelsea defender, David Luiz.
- Luiz is a key player under Chelsea’s new coach Maurizio Sarri.
Chelsea defender David Luiz has stated that he would love to remain at Stamford Bridge beyond this season.
The Brazilian defender has become a key man under Maurizio Sarri and is also a mainstay in the Chelsea side this season.
David Luiz spent the most part of last season on the sidelines and on the bench under Antonio Conte but has established himself as a starter this season.
The defender has been impressive and has been instrumental in Chelsea’s bid to build from the back this season.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Nicolas Tagliafico: Chelsea Interested In Ajax Left-Back
Goal.com have now claimed that the 31-year-old is eager to remain a Chelsea player although his contract expires in the summer.
However, Chelsea are yet to begin any negotiations with David Luiz, therefore, leaving the player in a place of uncertainty, as the club continues making efforts to wrestle the Premier League title away from Manchester City.
Chelsea have a policy that does not favor the offering of contracts to players above 30.
There might be an exception in this case though, as Maurizio Sarri has openly lauded the player for his immense contributions to his Sarriball playing Chelsea.
Savechelsea.net reported that David Luiz has expressed hopes that he has proven himself to new manager Maurizio Sarri.
Do you think David Luiz performance will still be up to par if he gets a new Chelsea contract?
Drop your opinions in the comment section below.