- Derby County in talks with Chelsea over Brazilian attacker Lucas Piazon
- Chelsea doesn’t seem to be interested in renewing his contract
Derby County are reportedly in talks with Chelsea over the acquisition of Brazilian attacker Lucas Piazon, with the player’s contract with Chelsea expiring next summer.
The Rams under Chelsea legend Frank Lampard have been doing successful businesses with Chelsea, having already acquired loan moves for the likes of Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori.
Lucas Piazon was one of Chelsea’s promising youngsters when he arrived at Stamford Bridge in 2011. The player is now 24 and has only had limited opportunities at Chelsea.
The club do not appear to be interested in renewing his contract and it is set to run down.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
The young attacker was on loan to Fulham in the Championship last season and helped them to gain promotion to the Premier League for the 2018/19 season.
He scored 5 goals and provided 4 assists in 14 starts for the Craven Cottage outfit under former manager Slavisa Jokanovic.
A move to Derby County in January makes sense for the Championship side as they’ll be getting him without having to pay huge fees.