- Lampard has been given permission to speak to former Club.
- Chelsea to pay compensation fee in order to seal Lampard deal.
Derby County has granted Chelsea permission to speak to Frank Lampard bringing to end weeks of speculations.
It’s now confirmed that Chelsea is keen on reuniting with the Stamford Bridge legend, Lampard was at Chelsea for 13 years as a midfielder and he’s also Chelsea’s all-time top scorer.
He has had his first stint of managerial career for only 12months at Derby County but leads them to Championship play-off final.
The Blues wants the former veteran English midfielder to take charge at the Bridge for the new season campaign as Sarri finally departed to Juventus last week.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- What Frank Lampard told Chelsea squad during his first training session
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Frank Lampard’s Champions League bonus revealed as he agrees to become next Chelsea manager
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- Derby County gives permission to Chelsea to hold talks with Lampard.
- Mateo Kovacic gives green light for Chelsea move
However, financial arrangements have been made and Lampard could be unveiled by the end of the week as Chelsea’s new boss.
He’d be announced soon as Chelsea new manager ahead of the pre-season training as Derby wants a rapid conclusion on the deal.
Although, Derby still wants to keep Lampard at the club for next season and are ready to offer him a lucrative deal.
But the attraction to Chelsea is going to be too much to be overshadowed by any club, Mel Morris Derby owner pointed that he expected Lampard to become Chelsea’s manager someday.
The Rams will demand a compensation fee of £4m, which would be easily met by Chelsea executives.
Derby confirmed they had given Lampard permission to talk with his old club in an issued statement.
“With pre-season fast approaching for both clubs, it is hoped this will allow Chelsea to swiftly conclude their discussions. The club will make no further comment until it is appropriate to do so.”
Read more news on savechelsea.net; Pulisic to cut summer break in other to impress new manager Frank Lampard.
The American winger might be delayed in his return to Stamford Bridge in preparation for the new season due to the ongoing CONCACAF Gold Cup.
The finals of the CONCACAF would be played on 7th of July, and Chelsea squad would be reporting for Pre-season training on the 3rd of July which means Pulisic would be running late as the USA is one of the favourites to win the competition.