Former Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly has admitted that he would be very happy if Chelsea appoint Laurent Blanc as the replacement for Antonio Conte.
It can be recalled that Blanc was Desailly’s defensive partner in Euro 96, as well as the 1998 World Cup where France beat Brazil 3 nil in the final to win the trophy for the first time.
Blanc has been linked with a move to Chelsea and Desailly believes that the former Bordeaux, France and PSG boss would do well in the role. The Frenchman won the Ligue 1 title with Bordeaux as well as 3 league titles with PSG including a domestic treble before leaving the club by mutual consent.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Chelsea will play attacking football under Lampard
- What Benefits will Lampard add to Chelsea
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Chelsea granted permission to begin talks with Lampard
“I would be very happy if Laurent Blanc becomes the new manager of Chelsea, but if it doesn’t work, I want to give another chance to Conte,” Desailly told Goal .
“He had to make some concessions about his system, his philosophy and his method of working. In 2016-2017, he won the Premier League with a revolutionary three-man defence. It was a weird year because a lot of teams were in transition, like Manchester City, Liverpool and United.”
Desailly played more than 200 games for Chelsea in his time at Stamford Bridge between 1998 and 2004, winning the UEFA Super Cup and the FA Cup with the Blues.