- Former Chelsea striker Diego Costa has paid a cheeky tribute to Chelsea legend John Terry as he announced his retirement on Instagram
- John Terry had an impressive career at Chelsea during where he bagged 78 England caps, five Premier League titles, three League Cups and five FA Cups.
Former Chelsea striker Diego Costa has paid a cheeky tribute to Chelsea legend John Terry in an Instagram post he made after the Englishman announced his retirement.
John Terry had a massive career at Chelsea during which he earned 78 England caps, five Premier League titles, three League Cups and five FA Cups.
He also won the UEFA Champions League title with Chelsea alongside a Europa League medal despite not playing in the finals for the Blues.
John Terry made a total of 717 appearances for the Blues and scored 67 goals in his career at Stamford Bridge. He left the Blues for Aston Villa in 2017 and played 36 games for the Championship club.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Drogba officially announces retirement
- Conte to take Chelsea to court for remaining salary
- Diego Costa pays cheeky tribute to Terry
- Morata reveals Hazard’s Madrid secret
- John Terry works with Blues’ youngsters to boost managerial dream
- Lampard eager to face Chelsea in Carabao Cup
- Wise – Zola will help Morata rediscover his form
- Chelsea set to hijack Spurs move for Jack Grealish
- Frank Lampard appointed Derby County Manager
It can be recalled that Terry won his last Premier League title playing alongside Diego Costa, who left for Atletico Madrid after a sour relationship with Antonio Conte.
Regardless, the Spain striker still communicates with his former Chelsea teammates.
The Spaniard who struggled with understanding English in his time at Chelsea congratulated Terry in a cheeky message:
“Congrats on your fantastic and successful career. Thank you for all you’ve done for me during my years at @chelseafc (although I couldn’t understand a single word you said to me).
“I wish you all the best in this new chapter of your life. Thanks ‘My Capitation’ hahahaha.”
Check our latest report on John Terry works with Blue’s youngsters to foster managerial dreams.