- Fikayo Tomori has been prolific for Derby County this season.
- The 21-year-old defender has made history at the club as he won the Derby County Player of the Season award.
- Fikayo Tomori is the first on-loan player at Derby County to win the Player of the season award.
Talented Chelsea star, Fikayo Tomori, who currently plays at Derby County on loan from Chelsea has broken a thirty-year-old record to become the first on-loan Derby player to win the club’s Player of the Season award.
The award which was named after the club legend, Jackie Stamps was given to Fikayo Tomori as he made history during Derby’s annual Awards held last night.
Some weeks ago, the 21-year-old defender scooped up the Supporters’ Club Player of the Season award and its no surprise as he wins the vote of the fans for the main award of the club.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
Thank you to all the players, staff, fans and everybody involved with Derby County for this award, it wouldn’t have been possible without all of your support from the minute I got here and throughout the season. I’m honoured??.
THANK YOU ALL??. https://t.co/nhM102TShb
— Fikayo Tomori (@fikayotomori_) April 23, 2019
The young English defender of Nigerian descent has been prolific for Derby this season; he has made 49 appearances in all competitions this season and has helped Frank Lampard’s side to get a spot in the playoffs.
Chelsea loanees, Fikayo Tomori, and loan-mate Mason Mount have been very vital for the Rams this season. It is just a matter of time before both players are called to Chelsea’s first team.
Fikayo Tomori will set his sights to helping the team make a final push for the EFL Championship promotion playoffs.
Also, we reported on how Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori faced Chelsea in the Carabao Cup.
The Chelsea youngsters are currently on loan at Derby County under the management of former Blues midfielder, Frank Lampard. Both players were cleared to play against their parent club, Chelsea in the Carabao Cup.