- The Chelsea playmaker is pleased to his goalscoring form after his heroics in Chelsea’s 2:1 win over Brighton.
- The Belgian provided an assist and sealed the winner over Brighton and Hove Albion on Sunday.
Chelsea playmaker, Eden Hazard returned to scoring form for the Blues after being featured for the second time in Maurizio Sarri’s false 9 formation in the Premier League game against Brighton and Hove Albion at the Amex on Sunday.
The Chelsea attacker had not found the back of the net for two months but sparked into life at the Amex as he provided the assist for Chelsea’s opener and scored the second goal for the Blues in a 2:1 win.
‘I like to score, but it’s not important for me,’ said Hazard
‘The most important thing is to win games, and we won. I scored, I’m happy, I’m enjoying my football at the moment, and that’s why I’m on the pitch.’
‘I always play with the same ability and quality. The feeling is always the same as a winger or a striker: to do my best and enjoy my football.’
‘It was an important victory, especially the way we won,’ he added.
‘At the end, it was hard to win the game, but the manager told us this was one of the most important games of the season, especially after a big game against Man City. We are back, and we just want to keep going and we will see at the end of the season.’
The game didn’t turn out to be a one-sided affair after the first half as the home side threatened an equalizer after pulling one goal back through Solly March.
‘We knew before the game, and we said at half-time, that we needed to score the third one because when you go 3-0 up it is not easy for the opponent to come back,’ he said.
‘We didn’t, we conceded a goal and we could feel the pressure a bit in the last five, 10 minutes, but we managed the game well and we deserved to win.’
The win ensured that the Blues remained in 4th place as they established a 3 point lead over Arsenal who lost to Southampton at the St Mary’s.
Hazard added: ‘It is important to keep the pressure on the teams above us,’
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
‘We want to be top of the league at the end of the season. We know Man City and Liverpool are good teams, but we are with them and we don’t want the gap to be bigger than it is now. We just want to win games and be the best team.’
Also, SaveChelsea.net published a story on how the English Premier League side, Crystal Palace could make a move for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham to solve their goalscoring woes. The Chelsea striker is in a terrific form at Aston Villa and that has attracted interest from English Premier League sides such as Wolverhampton Wanderers and Crystal Palace.