- Emerson Palmier disappointed over his exemption from the game against POAK.
- Marcos Alonso, Favorite over Palmier in Sarri’s Lineup.
Emerson Palmieri appears to have revealed his frustrations after being left out of Chelsea’s Europa League win over PAOK.
Emerson, 24, who joined from Roma in January for £17 million is yet to play any competitive game under Maurizio Sarri.
The Italian tactician has preferred Marcos Alonso at the left-back position in all the games that have been played thus far.
One would have thought that the left-back would have played a part for Chelsea in the Europa League game but he was left out with no reason given for his absence.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
However, the Italy international took to Twitter and made a post which suggested that he was available for the game.
His Twitter post read:
“I’m fine. I’m not injured… Good win today boys. Come on Chelsea!!!”
Sarri preferred Marcos Alonso and Cesar Azpilicueta in the game against PAOK.
The Italian had hinted that some players would be disappointed in his decision with the likes of Ampadu and Hudson-Odoi left out.
Chelsea faces a tough trip to West Ham on Sunday and it remains to be seen if Emerson will feature in the game after his tweet.
Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus Cheek has received massive plaudits from Chelsea fans following his performance for England in their Russia 2018 opener against Tunisia after coming on as a substitute in the second half.
Do you think Palmieri is a better choice over Alonso, who do you think should warm the bench?
Kindly comment in the box below.