- Selling off Tiemoue Bakayoko might be a regrettable mistake Fabinho advices.
- The Frenchman has failed to be impressive throughout the season.
- Fabinho still impressed with his game and suggest he needs more time to blend into English Football.
Liverpool new signing Fabinho has expressed the belief that Chelsea will regret doing away with Tiemoue Bakayoko without giving him a chance.
Chelsea signed the French midfielder from Monaco last summer after an impressive season in the Ligue 1 for £35 million.
However, Bakayoko failed to make a decent impression at Stamford Bridge as expected and played no part in Chelsea’s last 4 games last season.
The player was apparently not in Maurizio Sarri’s plans as he sanctioned the 24-year-old’s loan move to AC Milan in the Serie A.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
The loan deal includes an option to buy at the end of the season. However, Fabinho doesn’t agree with Chelsea’s decision:
In a chat with Yahoo, Fabinho said;
“I don’t think he struggled that much,”
“I watched a few games and he seemed always good to me.”
“Obviously, in your first season in a new club it’s always difficult and I wasn’t expecting him to leave, but AC Milan are getting a great player.”
“I’m sure he’ll be able to prove how good he is and show what he did at Monaco.”
“I’m sure if he comes back to England he will be stronger and will show everyone what he’s capable of.”
Also catch up on our story on Gullit who says that Chelsea must prove that they are capable of keeping Hazard at Stamford Bridge.
Ruud Gullit has suggested that the management of the Club must prove that they are capable of keeping Chelsea’s star Boy; Eden hazard at the Bridge, especially as the Belgian has shown strong interest in moving to Real Madrid.
Do you think Bakayo has under-performed at Stamford Bridge?
Kindly post your comment in the box below.