- Cesc Fabregas opined that Chelsea keep Hazard by renewing his contract so they don’t lose him the next summer.
- Chelsea is ready to make Hazard the highest earner in the history of the club if he agrees to sign a new long-term contract to remain at Stamford Bridge.
Cesc Fabregas has insisted that Chelsea must tie Hazard down with a new contract soon or risk losing him next summer.
Reports suggest that Chelsea are ready to make Eden Hazard the highest earner in the club’s history if he agrees to sign a new long-term contract to remain at Stamford Bridge.
The Belgian was heavily linked with a move away to Real Madrid last summer but remained with the club after Maurizio Sarri’s arrival.
In a chat with the London Evening Standard, Fabregas said:
“It was an easy decision [not to sell], especially now, because at this stage how much can Eden cost? Not many teams in the world can buy Eden Hazard,”
“He still had two years left on his contract.
“Next year if he has one year left, that’s a different story. You don’t have as much power as a club. Eden is one of the best players in the world.
“But having two years left, especially how the market is, it’s basically impossible to sign him up. I don’t think it was that hard from the club [to keep him].”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
The Belgian produced a reminder of his quality on the pitch as he scored the winner for Chelsea against Liverpool at Anfield in the Carabao Cup.
However, it remains to be seen if the Blues can convince him to commit his future to the club.