- Fabregas contract to expire soon, Chelsea may not offer a new deal.
- Big Clubs already showing a keen interest in the midfielder.
- The Spaniard still remains among the highest earning players at the Bridge.
Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas’ contract is set to expire at the end of the season. This means that he can leave Stamford Bridge for nothing in the summer.
The midfielder has been the subject of interest from the likes of AC Milan and Fenerbahce but the Spaniard is keen to remain in London.
His family is settled in the city and he still hopes he can earn a new deal at Chelsea although it remains to be seen if the Blues will make him an offer.
“I still believe in myself a lot and think I can add so much to this team.”
“Let’s see what happens but I am happy here.”
“In life, not just football, timing is the most important thing. You don’t have to rush decisions, you don’t have to talk before things happen. At the moment I am playing once a week.?
“But we will see when the time comes that the Europa League ends for two months and there is a break in the EFL Cup [before the semi-finals should Chelsea get there]. Then there will only be games in the Premier League [for a few weeks].”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
However, reports from the Evening Standard suggest that the 31-year-old midfielder will have to take a significant pay cut to remain at Chelsea.
Fabregas is one of the top earning players at Chelsea as he currently earns £160,000 per week regardless of how sparingly he has been used by Maurizio Sarri this term.
Fabregas is yet to start a Premier League game for Chelsea this season under Sarri, and this has to do with the presence of Jorginho in the team.
He has been mostly used as a backup option and in other competitions such as the Europa League and Carabao Cup.
SaveChelsea.net earlier reported that Fabregas still in Sarri’s plans despite exit rumors.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has insisted that Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas has a vital role to play for the side this season. However, Sarri is not certain his contract will be extended. Click to read more on Fabregas…