- Fabregas contract to expire soon, Chelsea may not offer a new deal.
- Big Clubs already showing a keen interest in the midfielder.
- The Spaniard still remains among the highest earning players at the Bridge.
Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas’ contract is set to expire at the end of the season. This means that he can leave Stamford Bridge for nothing in the summer.
The midfielder has been the subject of interest from the likes of AC Milan and Fenerbahce but the Spaniard is keen to remain in London.
His family is settled in the city and he still hopes he can earn a new deal at Chelsea although it remains to be seen if the Blues will make him an offer.
“I still believe in myself a lot and think I can add so much to this team.”
“Let’s see what happens but I am happy here.”
“In life, not just football, timing is the most important thing. You don’t have to rush decisions, you don’t have to talk before things happen. At the moment I am playing once a week.?
“But we will see when the time comes that the Europa League ends for two months and there is a break in the EFL Cup [before the semi-finals should Chelsea get there]. Then there will only be games in the Premier League [for a few weeks].”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Nicolas Tagliafico: Chelsea Interested In Ajax Left-Back
However, reports from the Evening Standard suggest that the 31-year-old midfielder will have to take a significant pay cut to remain at Chelsea.
Fabregas is one of the top earning players at Chelsea as he currently earns £160,000 per week regardless of how sparingly he has been used by Maurizio Sarri this term.
Fabregas is yet to start a Premier League game for Chelsea this season under Sarri, and this has to do with the presence of Jorginho in the team.
He has been mostly used as a backup option and in other competitions such as the Europa League and Carabao Cup.
SaveChelsea.net earlier reported that Fabregas still in Sarri’s plans despite exit rumors.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has insisted that Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas has a vital role to play for the side this season. However, Sarri is not certain his contract will be extended. Click to read more on Fabregas…