Cesc Fabregas has disclosed that he often speaks with Eden Hazard and tries to convince him to remain at Chelsea this summer. The Belgian has been heavily linked with a move away from Chelsea with Real Madrid being believed to be his most likely destination. He fuelled speculation of a potential exit with the comments he made after Belgium’s impressive showing in Russia 2018.
“it might be time to discover something different” after six years at Stamford Bridge and adding: “You know my preferred destination.”
Chelsea are eager to keep the Belgian and plans are already underway to resume talks over a new improved long-term contract in the coming weeks.
READ: Conte set to sue Chelsea
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
- Former Chelsea star J.Cole placed hazard on Messi’s level- ‘He shared Messi’s football beauty.
- An insight on Chelsea’s key man Eden Hazard and Europa final.
- Mourinho believes Europa league final is Hazard last match for Chelsea
- Eden Hazard offered mega $735,000-a-week deal after tax to join Real Madrid
- Why Hazard Is Thrilled With Zidane’s Return To Real Madrid
Ahead of Chelsea’s first pre-season game against Perth Glory on Monday, Fabregas told reporters:
“I speak to him often. He is the best player at the club and we need Chelsea to keep the best players,”
“He knows the fans love him and he is a player we love to play with. For sure, we want him to stay.”
Chelsea are preparing for a new era under Maurizio Sarri who was unveiled on Wednesday after Conte was sacked.
“It’s a new start for us with a new manager,” Fabregas added. “I’ve been playing for 15 years, and when you have a new manager you need to show that you want to play. It’s an exciting time, we start from zero and want to win things.”