- Fabregas praises the performance of ex-teammate Salah.
- the Spaniard also talked about their time together at chelsea.
Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has lauded his former teammate Mohammed Salah for his extraordinary season thus far, whilst stating that he does not expect him to leave Liverpool.
Mohammed Salah has hit the back of the net 43 times in 47 games in all competitions in the 2017/18 football season, emerging the PFA Player of the Year in the process in a brilliant debut season at Anfield after making the move from Roma.
“I coincided with Salah in my first season at Chelsea [2014-15] before he left for Fiorentina,” Fabregas said in an interview with Cadena Cope radio.
“He was young, he hardly played, but you could already see that he had talent. He always worked very hard and he gave his all.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
Salah made just 20 appearances for the blues before loan spells in Italy at Fiorentina and Roma, with the latter finally making the deal permanent. According to Fabregas, Salah has found the right environment working under Klopp at Anfield.
“Football is a lot about confidence,” he said. “The confidence that a coach can give you nowadays to achieve your best form is key.
“It is for a coach to play you in the right position, to help you, to make you improve — this is crucial. That’s happened to Salah.
“Liverpool exploit his qualities to the maximum. Salah is talented, he is fast, he scores. Liverpool have players that open the doors to find Salah the space he needs.
“He has found the right place, the ideal time to shine, and he is doing a great job.”
With regards to speculation linking the Egypt international with a move to Real Madrid, Fabregas said:
“Right now if you are Liverpool and considering the season he has had, I don’t know how much you can ask for a player like him.
“I doubt that there is a club that can pay what Liverpool would ask for Salah. I’m sure Liverpool will not let him go easily.
“It’s hard to see Salah leaving Liverpool, at least this year.”
The Spaniard is currently holding the Guinness World record for the Fastest 1OO assists in the English premier league. Fabregas said to achieve this is the proudest thing he has done in his entire talk.