- Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, out on injury all season, due to be back in action soon.
- The Spaniard international has been participating in training sessions during the international break.
- His return hopes to add boost up Sarri’s midfield at the Bridge.
Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has confirmed that he is close to a return from his knee injury nightmare. He also expressed his readiness to impress under Maurizio Sarri.
Fabregas has missed all Premier League games for Chelsea thus far in the ongoing season after suffering a knee injury against Arsenal in pre-season.
The injury was aggravated when he played against Manchester City in the Community Shield.
The Spaniard has stepped up training recently in the course of the international break and might return to the squad against Cardiff.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
“It has been frustrating and a little bit of a nightmare to be honest. Now I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It seems like’s it’s nearly gone.”
Chelsea emerged as winners in all four Premier League games in his absence but his return is a major boost for the Blues.
This is because Chelsea are set to commence participation in the Europa League competition, as well as the Carabao Cup and fatigue, is sure to set in during these exertions.
The Blues will get to play 7 matches in 22 days and Maurizio Sarri will definitely be preparing to rotate his midfield players so as to keep them fresh weekly.
Meanwhile, Fabregas can’t wait to get into the thick of the action in a new look Sarri side. He said:
“We have a new coach with new tactics, new philosophy, new everything to be honest.”
“It’s always interesting and exciting to see what is going to happen. We have been winning, which is important but we need to be more consistent. It’s not easy – it takes time. I think the coach is happy.”
“I believe a lot in this team. My type of football has always been to have the ball, to play with the ball, create chances. I have a forward mentality, I always look forward and have movement with and without the ball.”
Did you miss our story on Fabregas Royal Wedding to his sweetheart of 7 years?
The Spaniard has finally tie the knots with his sweetheart of 7 years, a relationship that has produced 3 kids. It was a royal celebration, attended by top soccer stars. Catch up on the story by clicking the link.
Did we miss Fabregas at the Bridge?
kindly post your comment in the box below.