- Sarri is still optimistic that Fabregas will still play for the Blues.
- Fabregas has also not featured for the Blues in recent times.
- Possibilities of a Fabregas departure from Stamford Bridge imminent.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has insisted that Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas has a vital role to play for the side this season.
Fabregas is yet to play any Premier League game for Chelsea this season but could start for the Blues when they face Videoton in the Europa League at Stamford Bridge on Thursday night.
Fabregas’ injury at the start of the season kept him out and this saw Jorginho get the nod in midfield.
The Italian went on to impress massively despite his newness to the league and has adapted quickly, owning the position in the process.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
Fabregas on his return from injury has played just 2 games for the Blues. He played against PAOK in the Europa, and Liverpool in the Carabao Cup.
Regardless, Maurizio Sarri provided a positive response when asked if Fabregas could battle Jorginho for a place in the team.
“Yes I think so. I think he played very well in the last 30 minutes in Greece, and very well for 90 minutes in Liverpool.”
“He has to improve the physical condition, but I think that he is a great option in this position.”
The Blues travel to face Mark Hughes’ Southampton next in the Premier League in a potential banana peel encounter.
Savechelsea.net also reported that Fabregas must take pay-cut to remain at Chelsea.
Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas’ contract is set to expire at the end of the season. This means that he can leave Stamford Bridge for nothing in the summer. However, the Spaniard is willing to take a pay-cut to remain at Stamford Bridge. Click to read more on Fabregas…
Based on the Club’s rule, do you think Fabregas should still remain at the Bridge?
Please leave a comment in the box below.