- Ruben Loftus-Cheek has been hailed largely by Chelsea’s supporters and the whole of England for his outstanding performance against Russia.
- The midfielder who came in as a sub for Dele Ali provided the corner that gave Harry Kane the Goal.
Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus Cheek has received massive plaudits from Chelsea fans following his performance for England in their Russia 2018 opener against Tunisia after coming on as a substitute in the second half.
Harry Kane provided the winner for England in the dying minutes after seeing his early lead canceled out by Ferjani Sassi’s penalty. England won the game in the end but could have easily left the game with a point as they encountered a Tunisian side who appeared to be content with a point at the time.
Loftus-Cheek started from the bench but made a huge impact for the Three Lions after coming on to replace Dele Alli with just 10 minutes remaining in the game. He played his part in pressuring the Tunisian side as the winning goal from Kane was a product of the corner he won with his attempt.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
Loftus-Cheek now appears to have done himself a lot of good and may be in contention for a starting berth against Panama as there are doubts over Dele Alli’s fitness because of a quad injury.
A significant number of England fans took to Twitter to heap praises on the Chelsea man and are now calling for him to start in their next game, whilst Chelsea fans have insisted that he be given a starting berth at Stamford Bridge next season.
Did you miss our story on the Hazard will decide his future at Stamford Bridge after the world cup.
Belgium coach Roberto Martinex has revealed that his Premier League players in the squad have made a decision to wait until after the World Cup to resolve their uncertain club futures.
How vital was Loftus-Cheek to the overall performance of the English team at the World Cup?
Kindly comment in the box below.