Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has stated that Nigerian-born defender, Fikayo Tomori was deserving of his first begin for the blues.
- The 21-year-old was named in Chelsea’s staff for the 2-2 draw towards Sheffield United on Saturday.
Lampard is a big admirer of the England Underneath-21 worldwide, having had him on the mortgage at Derby final season.
“I think Tomori performed very properly for me final 12 months and is coaching at a really excessive degree, Lampard informed reporters after the encounter.
“There may be competitors at center-back, he deserved to play and I believed he performed properly. It was only a selection.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- CAN 3-5-2 FORMATION HELP?
- CHELSEA REVEAL THIRD JERSEY
- LAMPARD KNEW HIS DEFENSE PROBLEMS
- THREE BEAUTIFUL LESSONS LEAERNED FROM LAST GAME
- CHELSEA PLAYERS ON NATIONAL DUTY
- CHELSEA DREW DUE TO LACK OF TRAINING
- CHELSEA ATTACK IS WEAK
- CAN LAMPARD SUCEED ?
- BARKLEY REVEALS WHAT WAS SAID DURING THE HALF TIME
- CHELSEA TRANSFER BAN DATE RELEASED BY CAS
Chelsea has conceded 9 objectives of their opening 4 video games, together with 4 to groups promoted from the Championship, which leaves Lampard on the lookout for defensive options.
“No, I wouldn’t say I used to be anxious about it,” he added.
“I’m making an attempt to work everywhere in the staff to get the correct mixtures.
“Rudiger is matched after the worldwide break which supplies me one other selection.
“We are able to isolate objectives and discuss center-backs or no matter – it’s not (simply all the way down to them), it’s the staff.
“After we rating objectives, generally it’s due to the center-back taking part in the ball rapidly
“I’m not regarding the center-back problem. I believe the 4 center-backs I’ve utterly, we’re simply in a second the place clearly we have to cease conceding unnecessary goals.