- Eden Hazard is set to leave Chelsea for Real Madrid this summer.
- The Belgian star helped the Blues to defeat Arsenal in the Europa League final.
- The deal has been delayed over the transfer fee for Hazard.
Eden Hazard is expected to leave Stamford Bridge for the Santiago Bernabeu after helping Chelsea beat The Gunners 4-1 in the Europa League final in Baku.
According to Ramon Calderon, a former Real Madrid president, he believes that all that matters in Hazard move to Real Madrid is money. Raman Calderon believes that Chelsea will try to get as much money from Real Madrid for the transfer of their most-prized asset, Eden Hazard.
Chelsea values more than £100 million for Eden Hazard despite the Belgian having just a year remaining on his contract.
“It seems Hazard is coming and that is really good news for Real Madrid,” Calderon told Sky Sports News.
“I think now it is a matter of money. The player has said clearly that he wants to leave and he wants a new challenge.
“It is not fair to keep a player who has been there for seven years and who has one year left on his contract.
“Of course Chelsea are not easy negotiators. I know that quite well because in 2007 I had a long negotiation with Peter Kenyon at the time and Roman Abramovich about Arjen Robben.
“He was not playing for Chelsea but despite that, they said the price was £35m. At that time it was a lot of money. I tried to reduce it many times and we waited until the last minute but finally, we paid for it.
“I am sure that in this case, they will be the same, they will be trying to get as much money as they can.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
The Chelsea forward has fueled rumours of a move to the Santiago Bernabeu after he was pictured holding a Real Madrid shirt.