- Eden Hazard is set to leave Chelsea for Real Madrid this summer.
- The Belgian star helped the Blues to defeat Arsenal in the Europa League final.
- The deal has been delayed over the transfer fee for Hazard.
Eden Hazard is expected to leave Stamford Bridge for the Santiago Bernabeu after helping Chelsea beat The Gunners 4-1 in the Europa League final in Baku.
According to Ramon Calderon, a former Real Madrid president, he believes that all that matters in Hazard move to Real Madrid is money. Raman Calderon believes that Chelsea will try to get as much money from Real Madrid for the transfer of their most-prized asset, Eden Hazard.
Chelsea values more than £100 million for Eden Hazard despite the Belgian having just a year remaining on his contract.
“It seems Hazard is coming and that is really good news for Real Madrid,” Calderon told Sky Sports News.
“I think now it is a matter of money. The player has said clearly that he wants to leave and he wants a new challenge.
“It is not fair to keep a player who has been there for seven years and who has one year left on his contract.
“Of course Chelsea are not easy negotiators. I know that quite well because in 2007 I had a long negotiation with Peter Kenyon at the time and Roman Abramovich about Arjen Robben.
“He was not playing for Chelsea but despite that, they said the price was £35m. At that time it was a lot of money. I tried to reduce it many times and we waited until the last minute but finally, we paid for it.
“I am sure that in this case, they will be the same, they will be trying to get as much money as they can.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Gareth Bale’s Return To Tottenham: What Chelsea Coach Thinks
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- How Coronavirus Forced Kai Havertz To Join Chelsea
The Chelsea forward has fueled rumours of a move to the Santiago Bernabeu after he was pictured holding a Real Madrid shirt.