- I am happy about this idea of the club bringing back a legend.
- Lampard will be a great manager at Chelsea.
Former Chelsea player Claude Makelele has strong claims for his former midfield partner Frank Lampard to succeed at Chelsea if he becomes the next head coach, saying:
I expect him to become a great manager for Chelsea.
The former France international midfielder Spoke ahead of the charity game in the city of Johor Bahru Malaysia, that he hopes for success if Lampard eventually succeeds Maurizio Sarri as the club’s next manager.
‘I’m sure he wants to give everything for Chelsea. So, of course, I’m happy about this idea of the club to bring back a legend. He’s ready. He knows what is needed to bring success to the club.’
‘Frank is someone who is very professional, he focuses on details, focuses on the love he gives for Chelsea. I’m sure he will be a great manager for Chelsea.’
With the knowledge of the Blues third-place finish in the 18/19 title race, well adrift of winners Manchester City and runner-up Liverpool, the 46-year-old expects the Blues to be contenders for titles in the nearest future, he said:
‘Always Chelsea will be there, Last season Chelsea were fighting in the Premier League and won the Europa League.
‘The opportunity will come soon with the new project. I’m sure Chelsea will be able to give a lot of happiness to the fans.’
Makelele was also a manager for Belgian First Division A side Eupen before he stepped down.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
On Sunday, June 30th 46-year-old Makelele also participated in the JDT All-Star Friendly in Johor Bahru, the match also featured many international stars like Rivaldo, Edgar Davids, Claudio Caniggia, Louis Saha, Roberto Pires, David Trezeguet, and former Chelsea winger Florent Malouda.
The game helped raise funds around $165,000 needed for a variety of Malaysian charitable works.
Savechelsea.net also report Lampard will reunite with Chelsea as he agrees three years deal.
Chelsea has agreed to pat derby a compensation fee worth £4m to Derby, the deal will also see Lampard earn £4m a year read more…