- Frank Lampard has taken over from Gary Rowett as the manager of Derby County
- The appointment was announced by the club’s Executive Chairman, CBE, Mel Morris
Chelsea legend Frank Lampard has taken over from Gary Rowett as the manager of Championship side Derby County. Lampard is Chelsea’s current all-time leading scorer with 211 goals in 648 games, in his 13-year spell at Stamford Bridge.
In his time at Chelsea, he won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, one League Cup, one Champions League, and one Europa League title. On the international level, he scored 29 goals in 106 games for England.
The appointment as Derby manager was announced by the club’s Executive Chairman, CBE, Mel Morris. He said:
“I’m delighted to have someone of Frank’s calibre as our new manager.
“I’ve always been an admirer of Frank both as a player and a person, especially in the way he conducts himself both on and off the pitch.
That impression was only re-enforced when we interviewed him for this role, his passion and humility shone through in equal measure.
The board were unanimous that he was the stand-out applicant with many highly desirable and unique capabilities.
“Few players have achieved what Frank has in his career to date. He’s a winner, a leader who knows what it takes to succeed and who has the character and charisma to be a fantastic manager for us.”
Frank Lampard reacted to the appointment by saying:
“I’ve always wanted to manage a club with a big tradition and history like Derby County, so this is a huge opportunity.
I have spent considerable time discussing the role and the club’s objectives with the Chairman and board members.
“We want to build on the club’s top six finish in the Championship last season, while at the same time bringing through some of the excellent youth and Academy talent we have at Pride Park.
“This is my first job as a manager, but I’ve worked closely with some of the best coaches in the game and I’m confident in my own abilities and those of the team around me, including the board.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard Reveals How Petr Cech Is Helping Solve Chelsea’s Goalkeeping Woes
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- What Frank Lampard Told Havertz About Football Royalty
- Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Lampard Gives Injury Notice On Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell
- Why Frank Lampard Got It Wrong For Chelsea’s Defeat To Liverpool – Gary Neville
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
In an Earlier report, savechelsea.net disclosed that the Chelsea Legend Frank Lampard is likely to take on a new role as manager of the Championship side Derby County.
We say congrats!
Also, click to read more on Jack Butland’s possible move to Chelsea…