Chelsea Boss has spoken on Thiago Silva and the driving factor behind his Chelsea transfer.
SaveChelsea reports that Frank Lampard has expressed great delight at completing the free signing of Thiago Silva and is ‘excited’ to see the impact he will have on the Blues’ youngsters this season and beyond.
Recall that the Brazilian was one of three defensive arrivals this week alongside Ben Chilwell and Malang Sarr.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard Reveals How Petr Cech Is Helping Solve Chelsea’s Goalkeeping Woes
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- What Frank Lampard Told Havertz About Football Royalty
- Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Lampard Gives Injury Notice On Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell
- Why Frank Lampard Got It Wrong For Chelsea’s Defeat To Liverpool – Gary Neville
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
Silva has signed a one-year deal with the option of a further 12-month stay after leaving Paris Saint-Germain for free.
At the age of 35, Silva will add some much-needed experience to Chelsea’s dressing room and their defence, after a season of bringing through the club’s brightest youth prospects, which has left Lampard excited.
Frank Lampard Speaks On Thiago Silva Chelsea Push (Full Text)
“With Thiago Silva, we are looking at a player I know very well, pretty much as we all do,” Lampard told the Chelsea website.
“He brings great experience for us, he is still playing at a massively high level, as we saw in the Champions League final and games towards the final, so I expect him to come and bring that, bring his experience, leadership and his qualities.
“It is going to be very important for us.
“We have a relatively young squad, we saw that last year, there were games afterwards when I was probably asking for more voice and some more leadership in different ways and he brings that naturally straight away, and also on the pitch he can help talk and be the player that he is which means affecting others.
“On those levels, I hope he brings that. I am pretty sure he will with the qualities we know he has, so I am excited for when he joins up.”