Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has given fitness updates on The Blues players ahead of the clash with Sheffield United.
SaveChelsea had reported earlier that both Pedro and N’Golo Kante are doubtful for the game against Sheffield United this weekend.
Pedro picked up a knock before the 2-3 victory against Norwich City while Kante missed the encounter due to an ankle injury.
On Pedro, Lampard said,
“Pedro picked up a hamstring injury and we will assess the severity of it over the next couple of days, but I think it will be tough for him to be back for next week at first glance.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
Also speaking on Kante, Lampard said,
“He’s trying and we are trying to get him through it, but the game yesterday just came too quickly and he was in too much pain. But again he is one to assess and we want him back in the team because he’s an important player. I think the international break will be great for him, to try and recover him.”
Below is the list of injured Chelsea players ahead of Sheffield United…
1. Kante (ankle)
2. Pedro (hamstring)
3. Mason Mount (Knock but should be back this weekend)
4. Reece James (ankle)
5. Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Achilles)
6. Callum Hudson-Odoi (Achilles)
7. Marco van Ginkel (knee)
8. Antonio Rudiger (recovering from knee surgery).