Ryan Giggs has predicted a bright future for Chelsea youth prospect Ethan Ampadu after the 17-year-old impressed in Wales’ 4:1 Nations League win against the Republic of Ireland.
Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale scored a stunner and created the first goal for Wales. However, it was Ethan Ampadu’s performance that caught the eye.
Ethan Ampadu who was making his third international appearance and was involved in two goals as Wales ran riot in Giggs’ first competitive game in charge.
In a chat with Sky Sports, Giggs said: “Ethan is a talented player”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
“Even more so than that, as a person he is so balanced, so mature, for such a young player – he’s going to be magnificent.”
“The lads were magnificent, some brilliant goals and great football. I can’t be much happier. At the start of the season it’s about juggling players who are playing regularly with match rhythm with a balance of experience and bringing young players in.”
“They’ve set the standard and need to stay there. I did enjoy the performance and the goals but you always think you can do better, there were mistakes to work on, but I am extremely happy and proud.”
Ireland were unbeaten in their last 8 meetings against Wales but succumbed to the defeat by Wales.