Ryan Giggs has predicted a bright future for Chelsea youth prospect Ethan Ampadu after the 17-year-old impressed in Wales’ 4:1 Nations League win against the Republic of Ireland.
Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale scored a stunner and created the first goal for Wales. However, it was Ethan Ampadu’s performance that caught the eye.
Ethan Ampadu who was making his third international appearance and was involved in two goals as Wales ran riot in Giggs’ first competitive game in charge.
In a chat with Sky Sports, Giggs said: “Ethan is a talented player”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Chelsea Players Return To Training As Pre-Season Is Sighted
“Even more so than that, as a person he is so balanced, so mature, for such a young player – he’s going to be magnificent.”
“The lads were magnificent, some brilliant goals and great football. I can’t be much happier. At the start of the season it’s about juggling players who are playing regularly with match rhythm with a balance of experience and bringing young players in.”
“They’ve set the standard and need to stay there. I did enjoy the performance and the goals but you always think you can do better, there were mistakes to work on, but I am extremely happy and proud.”
Ireland were unbeaten in their last 8 meetings against Wales but succumbed to the defeat by Wales.