Ryan Giggs has predicted a bright future for Chelsea youth prospect Ethan Ampadu after the 17-year-old impressed in Wales’ 4:1 Nations League win against the Republic of Ireland.
Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale scored a stunner and created the first goal for Wales. However, it was Ethan Ampadu’s performance that caught the eye.
Ethan Ampadu who was making his third international appearance and was involved in two goals as Wales ran riot in Giggs’ first competitive game in charge.
In a chat with Sky Sports, Giggs said: “Ethan is a talented player”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
“Even more so than that, as a person he is so balanced, so mature, for such a young player – he’s going to be magnificent.”
“The lads were magnificent, some brilliant goals and great football. I can’t be much happier. At the start of the season it’s about juggling players who are playing regularly with match rhythm with a balance of experience and bringing young players in.”
“They’ve set the standard and need to stay there. I did enjoy the performance and the goals but you always think you can do better, there were mistakes to work on, but I am extremely happy and proud.”
Ireland were unbeaten in their last 8 meetings against Wales but succumbed to the defeat by Wales.