- Giroud laments of absent wing play for his lack of goals.
- The Hammers held Chelsea to a goalless draw at this weekend clash.
- The Frenchman is hopeful that the will be an improvement for him to perform against Liverpool.
Olivier Giroud has ruled the lack of wing play at Chelsea which limited his chances of scoring in the goalless draw against West Ham on Sunday.
However, he believes that the Blues have enough quality to beat Liverpool in the Carabao Cup at Anfield on Wednesday.
After the frustrating barren draw, Giroud said:
“It was frustrating. As a team, we didn’t succeed in finding the solution.”
“We tried too much to play inside and against a strong defense like that.”
“It was very hard to combine, especially in the last 30 yards.”
“Maybe we should have gone a bit more on the side and put in more crosses into the box.”
“We are aware of that and we will work on it. We want to bounce back as soon as possible.”
The striker is keen to put the performance on the day behind him with a decent one when they face Liverpool in a cracking Cup game on Wednesday night and in the Premier League on Sunday at Stamford Bridge.
“I’ll keep a positive energy for the next game,”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
“I always want to take this frustration to transform it into a positive thing for the next game.”
“Now we are going to look at what went wrong against West Ham. Even though we didn’t do so well, we could have won the game at the end of it.”
“It’s disappointing we lost two points, West Ham were happy with this draw. We have two big games against Liverpool this week we want to show our strength, our character.”
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Sarri’s has injury concerns ahead of Liverpool game.
Antonio Rudiger and Pedro are injury doubts for Chelsea in midweek when they face Liverpool at Anfield in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday. Click the link to read more on how Sarri plans to work around this.