- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has maintained that the Blues is the biggest club in the English premier League and has no rivalry.
- Speculations about Giroud moving away is not true as the club decided to hold on to him
Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has claimed that Chelsea are the biggest club in England in comparison to their rivals.
However, this appeared not to be the case as the club decided to stick with the Frenchman for another season.
The Frenchman joined Chelsea in January and has managed four assists in 4 Premier League starts this season under Maurizio Sarri.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Chelsea World cup winners recieve Legion of Honours medal.
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
In a chat with L’Equipe, when asked about his future at Chelsea and if he wanted to leave in the summer, he replied:
“It did not go as far as we could say”
“There was really a contact [from Marseille] last year, but nothing really concrete this summer.”
“I had just arrived at Chelsea, it was not the time to pack my bags again three months later.”
“For me, Chelsea is the top club in England, the one that has won the most titles over the last ten years.”
“I am where I wanted to be. So why leave?”
Savechelsea.net had earlier given a firsthand report that Chelsea is not letting go on the Frenchman anytime sooner.