Chelsea signed Olivier Giroud from Arsenal in January and the 31-year-old France international went on to play a key role for the club in a challenging season, winning the FA Cup title with the Blues in the process.
The Frenchman has been in action from France since the very first game in the Russia 2018 World Cup against Australia after he was brought on as a sub. However, Giroud has failed to find the back of the net in the tournament after six games. Regardless, he has kept his place in the starting 11, and this is unarguably due to the tactical flexibility he offers to the French attack from his position, albeit from a managerial point of view.
Giroud has expressed his desire to break his World Cup scoring hoodoo in the final after France beat Belgium on Monday to seal a place in the final against either Croatia or Belgium.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Olivier Giroud defends Laurent Koscielny – but admits ‘not knowing’ details of Arsenal row
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea World cup winners recieve Legion of Honours medal.
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Olivier Giroud craves winning a silver ware at Chelsea
- We Are Not Scared Of Virgil Van Dijk – Giroud Roars
- Chelsea opinion: Should Chelsea keep Olivier Giroud?
- Sousa driving Bordeaux move for Chelsea striker Giroud
- Bad news for strikers as false 9 favors Chelsea
- Sarri waiting for news on the extent of Morata’s injury
“It’s just a childhood dream come true, we are so proud of being able to reach the final, to bring joy to our friends and families, to France,” said the 31-year-old.
“It wasn’t easy but we did it… I hope that I’ll be able to score in the final, I am confident of my chances to do just that.”
Giroud still has one last chance to hit the back of the net, and it will be great motivation for him if he finds the back of the net for France in the final of the Russia 2018 World Cup.