- Aleksandr Golovin, CSKA Moscow’s midfielder to sign up for Chelsea this summer.
- Chelsea ahead of Juve in the pursuit for the Russian midfielder.
- Aleksandr Golovin, 22, to add quality in Chelsea’s midfield amidst the arrival of Bakayoko, Drinkwater, and Barkley.
According to reports, CSKA Moscow and Russia’s midfielder Aleksandr Golovin could end up as Chelsea’s first signing of the summer transfer window.
Chelsea appears to have moved ahead of Juventus in the race for Golovin, and this was disclosed by Goal’s Chelsea FC correspondent Nnizaar Kinsella on Twitter.
Golovin has impressed for Russia in the ongoing world cup as he has pulled the strings from midfield whilst oozing awareness, class and intelligence.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Emenalo instrumental as Golovin chooses Monaco
- Blow for Chelsea as Golovin prefers Juve move
- Golovin’s mother confirms talks with Chelsea
- Golovin could be Chelsea’s first summer signing
- Golovin emerges as transfer target for Chelsea
The Russian midfielder is just 22 and is set for a bright footballing future and could be ideal for Chelsea in midfield. Chelsea’s midfield lacked the expected quality last season despite the arrivals of Bakayoko, Drinkwater, and Barkley. Golovin’s eventual arrival is expected to solve a lot of midfield issues at Stamford Bridge.
According to Kinsella, Juventus were the outright favourites to land the Russia international until late interest from Chelsea, with CSKA Moscow being impressed by the Blues’ transfer efforts for their man.
Did you catch our exciting story on the Blues’ interest in Bournemouth’s WILSON? Read Now!!
Callum Wilson whose performance has been outstanding during the season has scored a fair 9 goals in 18 matches for the cherries and has drawn the interest of several clubs in the English premiership including Chelsea and negotiations are underway.
We hope he laces his boots for the blues soon!!