- Ex-Chelsea coach feels the Blues are not title contenders even with Hazard.
- Chelsea rely too much on Hazard says Ruud Gullit.
Former Chelsea player and coach Ruud Gullit has opined that Chelsea cannot be considered as title contenders even with the presence of Eden Hazard in the side.
The Blues are unbeaten in the Premier League this season and have amassed 27 points, just 2 points below league leaders Manchester City.
The Blues won their last game against Crystal Palace by 3 goals to 1 at Stamford Bridge on Sunday with a seemingly back-to-form Morata grabbing a brace.
Hazard returned to action in the game as a sub to provide an assist for Chelsea’s second goal. However, Gullit does not believe that the Blues’ star player can help them to sustain a challenge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
“OF COURSe, Chelsea can rely on the brilliance of Hazard to get them out of jail sometimes. That is what happened when he came on in the second half and made the difference against the Eagles,”
Gullit said on BBC Sport.
“One of the other criticisms that is thrown at Sarri’s side is that they rely on the Belgian too much.
“They managed pretty well without him in their win over Burnley last week but, on Sunday, they needed him to give them that little extra and take the points.
“But even with Hazard in the side, I don’t look at Chelsea and see a side that can win the title. Manchester City are better than them, and Liverpool are further ahead too.”
Ruud Gullit also commented on kante’s position under Maurizio Sarri.
The former Chelsea coach also took time to about the position Kante is playing under new coach as strange and he also applauded the performance of new signing Jorginho.