- I prefer Kante playing as a holding midfielder says Gullit.
- Gullit also praises the performance of new signing Jorginho.
Ruud Gullit has branded Sarri’s decision to move N’golo Kante forward instead of deploying him in his favored position as strange.
The tactical tweak is as a result of new arrival Jorginho who joined Chelsea from Napoli in a £57 million deal.
The midfielder has slotted perfectly into Sarri’s anchor role ahead of the back four, as his passing ability will allow the ball-playing philosophy to be embraced.
His presence has pushed Kante into an advanced midfield position. The Frenchman is one who is not renowned for his attacking abilities although it is now being required of him.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Inter Outline N’Golo Kante Stance Of Leaving Chelsea
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- N’Golo Kante Makes Transfer Decision As Chelsea Reveals His Price Tag
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
This decision has left former Chelsea player and manager Gullit bemused, with him telling BBC Sport:
“Jorginho is the man Sarri has brought with him from Napoli to channel Chelsea’s play through.
“He was heavily involved at St James’ Park [against Newcastle] but, in a game like this, that is an easier job to do, popping the ball around without being pressed.
“Generally in England, though, he will be asked to play at a higher pace and make quicker decisions.
“You do not get any chance of easy build-up, like you would in Italy. So far he has been OK, but let us see how it goes for the rest of the season.
“One of the knock-on effects of Jorginho coming in is N’Golo Kante’s move into a more advanced role.
“It is a little bit strange. He is not a goalscorer. He has got one this season, but it was more by accident.
“He is a world champion and I like him more in the holding role he played for France.”
Kante however seems to be thriving at his new position with the frenchman scoring a goal as an advanced midfielder. Also read other report by us as kante signs new 5-year deal keeping at the bridge till 2023.
With this new deal Kante is reportedly to Earn as much as £290,000 per week. After spending two season with the blues he feels he has become a better player than he was.
during his first two seasons he won one league title, one FA cup and also won the PFA award of the year.