- Sarri out! Lampard in?
- Former Tottenham boss believes Lampard can save Chelsea.
- Derby to receive four million pounds in compensation from Chelsea.
Frank Lampard, 40, has been on Chelsea’s radar before the end of the season with Sarri gone, Lampard has become the favourite to land Chelsea’s job.
“If Chelsea comes calling, it’s a difficult one for him to turn down,”
Redknapp told BBC Radio 5 Live.
“In my personal opinion, he’ll be the manager of Chelsea.
“It looks to me like it’s going to happen.”
Harry Redknapp a veteran manager, who managed teams like; WestHam, Tottenham, Southampton, Portsmouth and QPR – revealed that he recommended Lampard to Derby chairman Mel Morris.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- LATEST CHELSEA FOOTBALL TRANSFER NEWS FOR TODAY SUNDAY 30TH AUGUST
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- Derby County gives permission to Chelsea to hold talks with Lampard.
- Mateo Kovacic gives green light for Chelsea move
- Chelsea given seven-day deadline to complete Mateo Kovacic transfer
- What Everton boss Marco Silva has told top brass about Kurt Zouma deal
- Chelsea hero reveals worry for Frank Lampard – ‘fingers crossed they do the right thing’
- Why Frank Lampard is the best candidate for Chelsea job
- Frank Lampard to be announced as Chelsea manager ‘before the end of the week
Lampard returning to Chelsea as a manager would put a lot of pressure on him, especially with the current state of the club and the transfer ban they are facing.
“It’s a no-lose situation unless he finishes outside the top six. Anything in the top six would be ok, but the Champions League would be a good season,” he said.
“No one is expecting him to finish first or second, third maybe. If he makes the Champions League next year, he’s going to be a success.”
Redknapp, 72, added:
“He’s a true legend at Chelsea, one of the greatest players in the club’s history.
“It may not come along again, you never know in football, the opportunity is there for him to go back now.
“He has a house around the corner from the training ground, his wife works in London.”
Derby would receive a compensation fee of 4 million pounds if Chelsea hires him.
Chelsea is currently facing a two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA, a decision currently being appealed at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Redknapp believes Lampard appointment to Chelsea would help tackle their transfer ban issues and also boost the usage of young players in the club.
“Maybe it’s time for someone who is going to be bold enough to play those young players. He went to Derby, he brought young players in, Derby got to the play-off final with a few kids,” Redknapp said.
“It could be an interesting time for Chelsea, they are going to have to play some of their kids, give them a go.
“We keep talking about how good these kids are, they’re playing for England under-17s, under-19s, so get them in the first team, let’s see them play.
“Chelsea has a great group of young players, it might be a good chance to throw three or four of them in. You may have something special there.”
In other news, savechelsea.net reported on Hazard confirms Chelsea exit.
Hazard’s time with Chelsea has come to a definite end, the 28-year-old confirmed he will be leaving the Blues after their Europa League triumph.
The Belgian joined Chelsea from Lille in the summer of 2012. The winger has been crucial to Chelsea’s campaign since he signed for the Blues and as also been a subject of interest from other clubs throughout his time at the Bridge.