Frank Lampard demanded from Chelsea club to sort out the Kai Havertz transfer earlier than the deadline set by Bayer Leverkusen.
SaveChelsea understands that the Bundesliga set August 28 as the date to resolve Havertz’s future, before the start of preseason.
Lampard’s first-team squad are scheduled to return next week and his coaching staff left for their holidays believing the player would have signed for the club by the time preparations for the 2020/2021 campaign began.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Spurs Win Penalty Shootout Against Chelsea After Mount Miss
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard Reveals How Petr Cech Is Helping Solve Chelsea’s Goalkeeping Woes
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- What Frank Lampard Told Havertz About Football Royalty
- Chelsea FIFA 21 Player Ratings With N’Golo Kante Highest-Rated On FUT 21
Negotiations are ongoing between the two clubs, with Leverkusen finally showing signs of budging from their £90m valuation.
Chelsea has submitted two offers and although they hoped to land the 21-year-old for £70-75m, the total figure will now be slightly higher as they go closer to a compromise.
It is obvious that Frank Lampard is not involved in negotiations, with director Marina Granovskaia and technical advisor Petr Cech leading the chase, but is keen to develop an understanding between Havertz, Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech ahead of the new campaign.