- Hazard’s mastered the art of taking penalties.
- The Belgian calmly converted another penalty in FA cup clash.
Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has gradually established himself as one of the most cool-headed players in the game presently when it comes to taking penalties and putting them away. The Belgian seems to have mastered the art, regardless of the calibre of the game, as well as the tension that surrounds a particular scenario.
He showed this composure yet again during the final of the FA Cup in Wembley when he put away the penalty amid the noise form fans that saw Chelsea emerge as the winners of the FA Cup over Manchester United at Wembley.
The fans piled on the pressure with the deafening noise from at least 80,000 fans at the time but Hazard stepped up and coolly slotted past De Gea sending the Spain international the wrong way.
The Belgian admitted in an interview that it was a high pressure penalty kick as it came when the scoreline as still 0-0. He revealed that he has mastered the art of converting penalties as he prefers allowing the goalkeepers to commit themselves before taking the kick most times.
“There is always a bit of pressure with a penalty. Especially if it is 0-0. If you have a penalty at 3-0 or 4-0 you obviously do not feel any pressure because the game is won. But at 0-0 in a final there’s always [pressure].“
“I have handled it well. Waited for the keeper to choose a side and kicked it the other side. I am content. You never know what can happen but for me it was mainly a way of thanking the fans. They have always supported us. We have not always played well but they were here en masse.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
The Belgian will now turn his attention towards preparation for the world cup in Russia as he was unsurprisingly part of the 23-man squad named by Roberto Martinez, alongside his Belgium contingent from Chelsea.
savechelsea.net reported that hazard wants clarity on conte’s future at chelsea.
Eden Hazard has given an indication that he wants Chelsea to clarify the position of Antonio Conte in the team amid speculations that the Italian manager is set to leave the club.
Conte won the Premier League with Chelsea in his first season with the club but struggled in his second season as Chelsea finished in 5th place but recently won the FA cup with the help of hazard.