- Eden Hazard called on Chelsea management to have a eye for new quality players
- Eden Harzard charged the team to be ready to face a familiar foe Manchester United in the FA Cup final
Eden Hazard has challenged Chelsea to bolster the squad with quality signings in the summer to convince him to remain at Stamford Bridge. The 27-year-old Belgium attacker has a contract with the club till 2020 and is reportedly stalling over discussions of an extension.
When asked what would convince him to remain at Chelsea, Hazard replied:
“I’m waiting for new players next season. I want good players because I want to win the Premier League next season.”
According to the Belgian, he understands that this may be his last lucrative long-term deal but made it clear he is no hurry to exit Chelsea despite numerous speculations that have linked him with a move to Real Madrid.
“That’s why I’m taking my time. It’s something big. I need to think about a lot of things. One thing I’m sure of is that I’m happy here.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Emerson “Only Thinks Of Chelsea” – Agent
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- Gareth Bale’s Return To Tottenham: What Chelsea Coach Thinks
- We Know How To Beat Liverpool, Lampard Brags
Meanwhile, any supporter of the club who seeks to be assured that Saturday’s FA cup final against Manchester United is not Hazard’s last competitive game for the club can take solace in his words in the course of the interview.
“I don’t think it’s my last game. It’s the last game of the season, that’s it,” he said.
“For me in my mind, I’m here. I have one week to play now. Saturday is a massive game. I just want to win.”
Hazard will represent Belgium in Russia at the World Cup, although he disclosed uncertainty on when his future will be resolved. He insisted that speculations linking Conte with a Chelsea exit have had no impact on the squad.
“We don’t think about that. We’re just focused on the game. We have one game to play and then we’ll see what happens at the end of the season.”
He went on to reveal his title aspirations. “I need two more trophies, the Champions League and FA Cup. That’s it,”
“We’re Chelsea. We need trophies,”
“At the moment we have nothing. We have not qualified for the Champions League. So the season has been bad. If we can’t be in the Champions League we need the trophy.
“It’s up to us to save the season with the FA Cup. I’ve never won the FA Cup. I hope this year is for me. We will give everything.”
Chelsea and Hazard come up against a familiar foe this weekend in Jose Mourinho, and the player admitted that Chelsea has to be ready.
“We know how he will play. We all know that. That’s why we need to be ready.”