- Chelsea’s play maker, Hazard, commends Sarri’s style of football.
- The new style of play “Sarriball” introduced by Itallian Maurizio Sarri best for Chelsea.
Eden Hazard has admitted that he prefers Maurizio Sarri’s style of football to what was attainable at Stamford Bridge in the past.
The Belgian has played key roles in Chelsea’s successes recently under previous managers in the likes of Benitez, Mourinho, and Antonio Conte.
The player believes that Sarri’s style of play nicknamed ‘Sarriball’ suits his way of playing at Stamford Bridge.
He told Chelsea TV in an exclusive interview that;
“I like to have the ball,”……. Not in my own half, but in the last 30 metres.”
“I like this type of game, it’s completely different from Antonio Conte or Jose Mourinho before. Like I say, we have more of the ball so for me it’s not bad.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
According to Hazard, Kovacic and Jorginho have made a significant impact as the club is yet to lose points after 4 Premier League games.
“I think the big difference is we bring in two players, Jorginho and Kovacic, and they are completely different,”
“Of course, they want to keep the ball, we just try to keep the ball more often, and then when we have the chance to score we just need to score. But when we have more of the ball we can have more danger.”
“At the moment we are okay, we are winning games, I think we are playing good football, so I’m enjoying it. I want to keep this momentum. The bad thing is now we go to the national team, we want to just keep playing with Chelsea and win games!”
Did you read our intriguing story on the Top 5 performers playing the SarriBall style of play introduced by Chelsea’s new boss.
It’s official! There’s a new style of play at Stamford Bridge and it will be a long while before the Blues faithful get to the see their side sit back, defend and counter, rather than take the game to their opponents. Here are the top 5 players in Stamford Bridge impressing the coach. Click the link above to see the list.
How effective is this style of play and could it be adopted by other coaches who will come after Sarri?
Kindly post your thoughts in the comment box below.