- Chelsea beat Liverpool in their back yard at the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.
- The Blues came from behind; a goal deficit to seal a victory at Anfield.
- This would be Liverpool’s first loss to the Blues this season under Jurgen Klopp.
Maurizio Sarri’s men emerged victoriously with a 2:1 win against Liverpool at Anfield in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.
The Blues displayed resilience and character as they fought back from a goal down to win 2:1 and proceed to the next round of the competition.
Daniel Sturridge scored the opener for the Reds with a well executed scissors kick and it looked like it was done and dusted after that.
However, the Blues had other ideas as Emerson Palmieri tucked in the equalizer from a rebound, although VAR had to be consulted.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
The best was yet to come, and who else but Hazard to bring up the best?
The Belgian started a move from the center of the park after going past few players before receiving the ball on the right wing.
He then proceeded with a burst of pace and slick dribbles in a solo run going past two players before unleashing a piledriver that gave Mignolet no chance.
The beauty of a goal subsequently turned out to be the winner who handed Liverpool their first loss of the season.
Therefore, the game on Saturday in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge has been set up nicely for fireworks.
This is because Liverpool won’t want to see their 100% run thwarted, and won’t want to not lose twice to the Blues in a row.
Chelsea will also be keen to close the gap on the leaders and make the home advantage count considerably.
Sarriball prevailed over Gegenpressing on the night and all is now set for the Premier League cracker on Saturday
Speaking ahead of the game, Chelsea’s star man, Hazard said:
“I think the game on Saturday is going to be more important because of the win today and in the league they are also incredible. It’s a good confidence boost and we need to try and beat them on Saturday.”
Did you catch up on our story what inspired Chelsea’s goalie Kepa move to Stamford Bridge? Click the link to read up the full story.
Isn’t Eden Hazard simply sensational?
Kindly comment in the box below.