- Eden Hazard is sure to play against Bate Borisov.
- A win guarantees the Blues a ticket to the next round of the competition.
- Fabregas out of this crucial encounter on injury.
Maurizio Sarri has confirmed that Eden Hazard will feature for Chelsea when they play against Bate Borisov away at Belarus in the Europa League on Thursday.
A win for Chelsea will seal them a place in the next round of the competition with 2 games left to go.
It will be an advantage for Sarri and his men as he can then afford to use his fringe players in the remaining games while his key men prepare for exertions in the Premier League and cup competitions.
Regardless, Hazard might play a part in Thursday’s game and Sarri confirmed it.
‘According to our doctor there is not any risk, otherwise, he would have stayed at Cobham, of course,’ Sarri said.
‘We felt that for him it’s better to play, not for 90 minutes, but to play after two weeks of not playing.
‘In the last match, he played only for 30 minutes. The best way for him is that tomorrow he will play for 45 or 50 minutes.’
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
However, Morata will not feature in the game and has remained back in London to train. Sarri is keen for the player to rest and prepare for Chelsea’s next Premier League game against Everton.
Cesc Fabregas will also be absent from the game after he picked up an injury.
‘The only problem is Cesc,’
‘This morning he had a fever and has had to stay at Cobham, so we called N’Golo Kante.’
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Hazard backs Sarri, says it’s still too early to judge him.
Eden Hazard has stated that it’s still too early to believe that Maurizio Sarri can emulate Antonio Conte’s success at Chelsea. Maurizio Sarri has made an impressive start with Chelsea, although they surrendered their 100% record on Sunday. Click the link to read more. Also, click this link to read more on Hazard.