- Eden Hazard takes time-off to recuperate from fatigue.
- The Belgian has been impressive all season, hitting a hat-trick against Cardiff.
Eden Hazard will play no part for Chelsea in their opening game of the 2018/19 Europa League away to PAOK.
This is coming after the player twice told Maurizio Sarri that he was tired after his recent exertions for club and country.
Hazard has been very impressive for Chelsea this season after taking Belgium to third place in the Russia 2018 World Cup.
The Belgian hit a decisive hat-trick for Chelsea last Saturday against a newly promoted Cardiff City at Stamford Bridge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
He then asked to be excused from the trip to Greece to face PAOK in the Europa League this Thursday.
Whilst in Thessaloniki on Wednesday, Sarri said:
“He told me after the national team (duty earlier this month) and the match against Cardiff he was a little bit tired, so I thought it was better to stay at Cobham, to have training and rest.”
It can be recalled that the Chelsea playmaker previously received special time-off until after the Community Shield on August 5.
He came on as a substitute in Chelsea’s first two games this season and has gone on to score 5 goals in his last three starts.
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Jorginho and Hazard will be absent against Bate Borisov in an away Europa League encounter.
Chelsea will be playing tonight against Bate Borisov in the Europa League at Stamford Bridge and they will be doing so without two of their best legs this season under Maurizio Sarri. Click to read more on Hazard…
The Belgian has been outstanding all season, he surely deserves a break as his match is not so crucial. What do you think?
Please leave a comment below.