- Chelsea suffers first defeat of the season to their London rival Tottenham.
- Chelsea hopes to turn the defeat around when they face Fulham.
Eden Hazard has called on his Chelsea teammates to put the 3:1 defeat to Spurs behind them and focus on putting up better performances in future games.
Spurs beat Chelsea convincingly as the Blues failed to turn up from the blast of the whistle, only to go 2 goals down in the first 20 minutes of the game.
The usual suspects in the likes of Dele Alli and Harry Kane scored the first two goals for Spurs before Son scored the third.
Olivier Giroud scored the consolation goal for the Blues as their unbeaten run came to an end, Chelsea now sits 4th on the log and are 7 points behind red-hot leaders Manchester City.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
The Blues will now focus on the Europa League fixture against PAOK Thessaloniki on Thursday before welcoming fellow Londoners Fulham to Stamford Bridge in their next Premier League game.
Speaking after the loss in a chat with the club’s official website, Hazard said:
“We DIDN’T play a good game and everybody could see that.
We started the game very badly and conceded two goals early. Against this kind of team, when you are 2-0 down, it is hard to come back. We tried but it was not enough.
it is hard to start a game after 15 minutes when we have conceded two goals. We tried, but then we pushed and conceded another one at the start of the second half.
We had a bad game and we just need to forget about this and move forward. We need to analyze everything and then maybe talk together, and try to win again.”
Chelsea will continue their Europa League campaign on Thursday when they face PAOK Thessaloníki. Check out other stories reported by savechelsea.net Chelsea squad for the competition.
it may come as a surprise to you but England midfielder Danny Drinkwater did not make it as he has to compete with the likes of Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Fabregas, and Kante. Drinkwater has struggled with life in Chelsea since his move from Leicester with injuries and inconsistency.
Will the Blues be able to get over this defeat and move on?
Kindly post your comments in the box below.