- I was not wanted in Chelsea the Argentine; Gonzalo Higuaín reveals.
- Also, Chelsea looking to replace Spaniard striker Morata.
- Alvaro Morata has not been performing in top form at the Bridge recently.
Argentina international Gonzalo Higuain has revealed why he chose AC Milan over Chelsea.
Higuain has a wealth of experience playing in the La Liga and Serie A and was linked with a move to Chelsea to reunite with former manager Maurizio Sarri.
It can be recalled that Higuain scored 38 goals in 35 Serie A games in the 2015/16 season under Sarri.
However, the Argentine chose to join AC Milan over Chelsea and he revealed the reasons for the move whilst speaking at his unveiling at Milan on Friday.
“In total sincerity, the esteem I have for Sarri is huge but he was the only who wanted me.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Alvaro Morata speaks on his future ahead of the summer
- Chelsea Make Final Transfer Decision On Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Chelsea opinion: Should Chelsea keep Olivier Giroud?
- On-loan Chelsea striker, Gonzalo Higuain Wants To Be At Stamford Bridge Next Season
- EFL Cup injury news as Chelsea host Bournemouth
- Bad news for strikers as false 9 favors Chelsea
- Jordi Alba – Morata would be welcome at Barca
- Sarri waiting for news on the extent of Morata’s injury
- Trio could be offloaded after shake-up by Sarri
“Here at Milan everyone wanted me, and this is why I made my choice to come here.”
Chelsea are believed to be on the lookout for a quality striker as Alvaro Morata has not been firing from all cylinders.
The Spaniard has failed to score in pre-season, and also fired blanks in the Community Shield game against Man City on Sunday.
Chelsea will face Huddersfield Town in their Premier League opener and hopefully, Morata regains his scoring mojo before then.
Meanwhile, the Blues have a final ICC game against Ligue 1 outfit Lyon on Tuesday.
Meanwhile read our story on how Sarri plans to rotate the roles of Morata and Giroud to beef up his striking force.
Maurizio Sarri has revealed that Alvaro Morata is not a guaranteed starter at Chelsea.The Spaniard will now be rotated with Olivier Giroud on a game-by-game basis and this will depend on the lineup and formation that the opposition puts up. Click on this link to read up this Sarri’s new tactics.
What’s your take on this?
Kindly comment in the box below.