- Former Chelsea midfielder Glenn Hoddle insisted that Hoddle leave Chelsea despite hat-trick.
- Gleen Hoddle believes that Loftus-Cheek won’t be handed a start against Burnley in the Premier League this weekend.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek scored a hat-trick for Chelsea in the Europa League 3:1 win against Bate Borisov at Stamford Bridge on Thursday night.
However, former Chelsea midfielder Glenn Hoddle has insisted that the England international is too talented to sit on the bench.
Loftus-Cheek was given a rare start on Thursday as the Belarusian outfit came visiting.
The England man took the golden opportunity and scored all 3 goals for Chelsea in the game which was his third appearance under Sarri this season.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
Regardless, Gleen Hoddle believes that Loftus-Cheek won’t be handed a start against Burnley in the Premier League this weekend.
He added that the England midfielder should consider a departure from Stamford Bridge if his starting opportunities do not improve in coming months.
“If I’m him, I’m hoping he takes me off before the 90 minutes is up.
“The fact that the manager hasn’t suggests to me that he won’t be starting him at the weekend.
“I fear for the lad. If he isn’t going to get the opportunities soon then he has got to move. He’s a talent – with my England hat on I need to see him playing.
“He’s an England talent and we want to see him playing. I want to see if he can take these sort of performances on to the pitch against the bigger sides.
“Put him up against a Man City or a Liverpool and see what he can do.
“Nobody knows if he can play three games in a row — even he doesn’t know.”
Speaking after his man of the match performance, Loftus Cheek said:
“Any player will tell you it’s nice to score a hat-trick. It feels good. Hopefully there’ll be many more to come,” he said.
“The first thing in my head is to keep training well, even though I’m playing well it’s really important to train as hard as I can to keep fitness up and keep sharp for when times like this do come when I get an opportunity to start or come on.
“So first thing’s first, I need to keep up the good habits – eating well, sleeping well and training well and if I keep doing that then good things will come.”
Savechealsea.net Editorial recently published a report on the Blues planning to spend massive 200 Million Pounds on January Transfers.
Also, Click here to read more on Eden Hazard…