Kai Havertz was never meant to be a Chelsea player, no thanks to coronavirus.
SaveChelsea understands that Kai Havertz was favoured to join Real Madrid over Chelsea before the COVID-19 outbreak ended his ambitions, Marca reports.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Chelsea FIFA 21 Player Ratings With N’Golo Kante Highest-Rated On FUT 21
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- Gareth Bale’s Return To Tottenham: What Chelsea Coach Thinks
- Havertz Remains Unfazed Over Expensive Tag Price
- How Mason Mount Reacted To Chelsea Signing Kai Havertz – Lampard
- ‘Werner Will Have A Field Day’ – Chelsea Fans Can’t Believe Liverpool Defending Leeds United
- See Robbie Savage Chelsea Prediction Ahead Of New Premier League Season
- why Chelsea Broke Transfer Record For Kai Havertz – Chelsea Director
The Bayer Leverkusen starlet is set to move to Stamford Bridge, after both clubs agreed a fee around £89million.
But Havertz could have been playing under Zinedine Zidane next season, if Coronavirus did not affect Los Blancos’ finances.
It is believed that Real’s plan was to snap up the highly-coveted Germany international this summer, but the club revealed in July that they would be quiet during the summer transfer window.
Havertz had reportedly snubbed interest from Bayern Munich, with his sights having been firmly set on working under Zinedine Zidane.
This online news Chelsea fan page understands that Real Madrid dropping out of the race, allowed Chelsea to steal in and land the 21-year-old.