- Hazard needs to produce 50-60 goals to reach the Ronaldo-Messi level.
- Hazard set to complete Madrid move in few days.
- Phenomenal Hazard reach his best goal tally ever for Chelsea.
According to Andy Townsend, Eden Hazard has to score 50-60 goals a season to reach the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
Real Madrid is set to complete Hazard deal, Chelsea have reportedly accepted a 110 million pounds offer for the Belgium international.
Hazard didn’t hide his intentions after the Europa final match at Baku scoring 2 goals and creating another to sink Arsenal.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Ben Chilwell Makes Fans Happy Via Instagram Post As He Completes Chelsea Transfer
- Chelsea advised on the ideal manager to replace Sarri and it’s not Frank Lampard
- Chelsea to start serving transfer ban as they look to avoid extension punishment
- Eden Hazard to Real Madrid deal done for £88.5m
- Eden Hazard’s Madrid shirt number revealed ahead of move.
- When Real Madrid would officially announce Hazard
- How Hazard can equal Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi at Real Madrid – Andy Townsend
- Chelsea’s Possible starting XI against Arsenal
- Chelsea should accept Hazard £100m deal from Madrid- Mariner
- Chelsea’ll struggle to keep this trio this summer
Hazard told BT Sport:
“I think it’s a goodbye but in football you never know.”
Eden Hazard now have 21 goals in all competition under Sarri after his brace against Arsenal on Wednesday, his best tally ever at Chelsea. Although Towsend believes it would be very much easier for him to score goals in spain.
“With Hazard, when you’re talking about a Galactico, which he’s probably gonna become, the [Cristiano] Ronaldos of this world or the [Lionel] Messis, they score 50s and 60s a season,”
he told BBC Radio 5 Live’s Football Daily podcast.
“Is he capable of going to do that? I’m not sure he is, but he’s certainly capable of scoring regular, mid-20s or 30-a-season.
“I think he’s that good and he should be scoring more goals than perhaps he has up until now.
“Our league’s not so easy to get them, but I think in a Real Madrid shirt, if it does happen, he should be looking for 30-plus every season.”
Hazard also spoke to beIN Sports about his future:
“The end is perfect. I think this is [the end]. I said after the World Cup [in 2018] that I wanted a new challenge and it didn’t happen so now it is between both clubs. I am still waiting. We will see.”
Hazard reference ‘both clubs’ indicates that he’s waiting for Chelsea and Madrid to finalize the deal and seal a move to the latter club according to Andy Townsend, he further jokes that Madrid my need to cough up more money after Hazard’s sensational display versus Arsenal on Wednesday night.
“[Real Madrid’s] the destination he wants and that’s the destination he deserves,”
“When he says he’s waiting for the clubs, what he’s saying is he’s waiting for the clubs to agree on a number. That’s what he’s waiting for.
“There will have obviously been dialogue going on, very serious dialogue up until now, and now it’s just a case of getting the number right.
“He hasn’t done himself any favours tonight by playing as well as he has. He’s probably just slung an extra few quid on that!
“He’s absolutely everything that Real Madrid need right now.
“But for Chelsea and the Premier League it will be a sad loss because he illuminates our game more often than not and we don’t want to see our best players going and playing elsewhere.”
We recently wrote that CHELSEA REQUEST £130M FOR EDEN HAZARD DEAL TO BE DONE.