Chelsea has had a winning stint across the decade in the EPL, we’ve grown to be one of the main competitors of the premier league since Roman Abramovich’s epic takeover in 2003.
We had a struggling season in the just concluded premier league campaign. Although our season started off on a brighter note and we were tipped as a potential winner but the beats change after a few weeks into the season.
We were faced with some heavy defeats towards the last term of the season. Which included the 6-0 loss against Manchester City; the eventual premier league champions and another 4-0 loss to mid-table contenders Bournemouth.
These losses left our fans angered with our newly appointed manager Maurizio Sarri, despite his unbeaten start to life in the premier league. We suffered a mid-season crisis that lead to our struggling to make the top four to secure a champions league spot.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
Although we managed to end the season on the high, finishing third on the premier league table and winning a silverware against our London rival – Arsenal. We won the Europa league convincingly with a thrashing of 4-1 handed to Arsenal at Baku.
Hazard & Sarri’s Departure
The season ending was satisfying until our talisman and highest goalscorer Eden Hazard revealed his dreams of playing in a white shirt in Spain.
Our fans were thrown in abysmal after the news of his leaving became viral. He has since moved to Real Madrid in the stated fee of 87 million pounds.
Again, just when we are about to recover from Hazard’s departure to Real Madrid. Our manager, Maurizio Sarri who took a whole year implementing his style, was also planning to quite chelsea for Juventus.
Fifa Imposed Transfer Ban
Furthermore, we were faced with a two-window transfer ban this summer. there is a light at the end of every tunnel as Chelsea’s January signing Christian Pulisic would be in to replace Eden Hazard.
Chelsea can capitalize on their numerous loanees and talented youth players for the coming 2019/2020 season, so it’s not all that bad for the blues and Frank Lampard could become the clubs new manager replacing the out-going Sarri.