Chelsea has had a winning stint across the decade in the EPL, we’ve grown to be one of the main competitors of the premier league since Roman Abramovich’s epic takeover in 2003.
We had a struggling season in the just concluded premier league campaign. Although our season started off on a brighter note and we were tipped as a potential winner but the beats change after a few weeks into the season.
We were faced with some heavy defeats towards the last term of the season. Which included the 6-0 loss against Manchester City; the eventual premier league champions and another 4-0 loss to mid-table contenders Bournemouth.
These losses left our fans angered with our newly appointed manager Maurizio Sarri, despite his unbeaten start to life in the premier league. We suffered a mid-season crisis that lead to our struggling to make the top four to secure a champions league spot.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Olivier Giroud defends Laurent Koscielny – but admits ‘not knowing’ details of Arsenal row
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Mason Mount extends his Stamford Bridge stay
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Zola says Chelsea got rid of Sarri too soon
- What Frank Lampard told Chelsea squad during his first training session
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
Although we managed to end the season on the high, finishing third on the premier league table and winning a silverware against our London rival – Arsenal. We won the Europa league convincingly with a thrashing of 4-1 handed to Arsenal at Baku.
Hazard & Sarri’s Departure
The season ending was satisfying until our talisman and highest goalscorer Eden Hazard revealed his dreams of playing in a white shirt in Spain.
Our fans were thrown in abysmal after the news of his leaving became viral. He has since moved to Real Madrid in the stated fee of 87 million pounds.
Again, just when we are about to recover from Hazard’s departure to Real Madrid. Our manager, Maurizio Sarri who took a whole year implementing his style, was also planning to quite chelsea for Juventus.
Fifa Imposed Transfer Ban
Furthermore, we were faced with a two-window transfer ban this summer. there is a light at the end of every tunnel as Chelsea’s January signing Christian Pulisic would be in to replace Eden Hazard.
Chelsea can capitalize on their numerous loanees and talented youth players for the coming 2019/2020 season, so it’s not all that bad for the blues and Frank Lampard could become the clubs new manager replacing the out-going Sarri.