- Maurizio Sarri is one of the best managers in the world.
- Bournemouth’s manager rain praises on Chelsea’s Sarri.
Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has revealed his admiration for Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri, hailing him as one of the best managers in the world.
This is coming ahead of Bournemouth’s trip to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea in the Premier League on Saturday.
Bournemouth will be looking for their 3rd win in 4 Premier League games this season when they face Chelsea.
Ahead of the game, Howe explained that he was impressed by Sarri’s tactics while he was at Empoli and traveled to Italy to meet him.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
“I’d heard a lot about his Empoli team and how impressive they were tactically, so I was really keen to go and watch him work, so we made contact with his people and he was kind enough to allow us to come,”
“I actually don’t remember the year that I went, but I spent a period of time with Maurizio and he was brilliant with me and I learnt so much. It’s no surprise to see that he’s one of the best coaches in the world.
“What I saw, I was hugely impressed by and learned a lot from that experience. He brought his Napoli team to play us last year as well – they trained here for a couple of days, we played them and it was great to see him again.”
Howe added that it was his knowledge of the Italian league that prompted him to make the trip.
“Seeing his team play and knowing that whatever you see on the pitch, if it’s impressive then there are impressive things going on behind the scenes it’s as simple as that really,”
“It’s easier with the foreign league to go and build those relationships with people you aren’t competing with every week.”
Chelsea has started the season on a high with impressive wins against Huddersfield, Arsenal, and Newcastle United.
“I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen, they’re very different from last year. New managers come in tactically he’s made it a different Chelsea we’re going to face.
“4-3-3 they’ve been very fluid, a lot of rotations in their team, well coached and managed.”
Did you catch our story on a Real Madrid Loanee who still wants to stay back in Chelsea despite Zidane Return?
It has been revealed that a Real Madrid loanee, Mateo Kovacic would like to make a permanent switch to Chelsea after his loan contract. Click to read more.
Do you share the same opinion with Eddie Howe?
Kindly share your thoughts in the comment box below.